Friday, September 17, 2010

Is here a swtich that turns on and past its sell-by date my wireless on my Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop?

I only just had a crash on my laptop. And I hold everything working fine now, however I can not seem to be to connect to my Linksys wireless and it seems as though my wireless modem on my laptop is out of action. I am not able to pick up any local wireless connections. I be told that it is possible that my wireless card on my laptop took a dive however we were also thinking possibly there is a switch somewhere on my Dell specifically turned off. Any accepted wisdom?



Thanks!!


Answer:

I've never seen a wireless laptop beside a switch, but it is a pretty decent guess.



The problem sounds to me close to since the reinstall your drivers for the wireless network card have not yet be installed. I suggest attempting to locate your original software compact disc and using that, or identifying what meet people card you might have within your laptop and searching for the drivers online.



Let me know if you requirement any more assistance and I'd be happy to relief.



Take Care,

Ken
maybe!!:/
I own an Inspiron, but not that exact model, and I don't have any such switch. You should try going into START -- Settings -- Control Panel -- Network Connections and put together sure that your "Wireless Network Connection" is enabled. If its disabled, it will say "disabled" beneath the Status column. Just right click on it and click "Enable."
Yes, usually in the front of the the laptop. There is a desk light next to the switch. It should own a symbol similar tot he following: )))



If you don't find it, you can always disable the card surrounded by the connection properties.
Software switch: picture network connections, Right click: check status.

No comments:

Post a Comment