Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is within any instrument I can do a system restore on my computer minus erasing adjectives of my information?

I lately purchased a Gateway laptop and apparently installed some software that corrupted my computer. I couldn't do a system recovery or start it contained by safe mode. I talk to a technician and they said the only resort I really have is to restore my system to the factory settings. Is at hand any other possible and safe mode (that won't ruin my computer) to fix this problem?


Answer:

The only other opening would to be manually editing the registy which is tough and messy. I would just stern up the files you want to save and afterwards reformat your hardrive and set it back to factory settings.
I agree near the above post... A format with a fresh copy of Windows installed is the best alternative if your system is compromised....



Be careful support up your files, you don't want to back up the record that caused the corruption



Edit* you can try to to repair Windows near the CD if explicitly what you mean by corrupted files...
Well, if the program corrupted your window OS, you can leave the file system intact when you reinstall it. This means that (hopefully) most of your files will stay in attendance and only the fresh files of Windows XP will be the things that are imposed upon yuor system. At lowest, that's the way it's SUPPOSED to work. When you boot up using your window xp cd, it will ask you to format or leave the file system intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment