Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is in attendance a road to turn past its sell-by date touchpad on Dell laptop?

I enjoy a Dell Inspiron 6000, and I use a notebook mouse with it. I type awfully fast and find myself sometimes resting my hand on the touchpad. Suddenly, I'm typing away in the wrong place. :( Does anyone know if I can turn the touchpad past its sell-by date since I never use it?



Thanks!

Sandy


Answer:

You can turn it off within the BIOS.



To do this switch you PC on and when it start to boot up id will read out omething like F2 to enter setup. that take you into the bios. Have a look for touchpad and it will have a on/off setting.



Take concern as the bios it serious if you alter stuff.



Good luck.
Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Mouse.



There should be a tab there labeled Device Select.

In here you should see a choice to Disable Device under the Touch Pad settings.
control panel, printers and other hardware, mouse, from nearby you should be able to set it to how you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment